Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's profile can't save....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer57

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2000
US
I've got a few users that have been added recently that can't seem to save anything. When they log out, any settings that they've made to thier account are not saved for the next time they log in. For example, I'll map a drive while on a users account. They'll log off, log back in and the mapping will be gone. It's as if they can't save anything to thier own profiles. I've even gone so far as to change a user to a network administrator and still no go.

I'm running NT 4 workstations and servers. Bob Couchman
bcouchman@madisonvillepd.com

Usually drives get mapped through login scripts in a corporate environment. When you mapped those drives did you select the reconnnect at login checkbox? Selecting that should map that drive everytime. If the user moves or changes computers you can create a roaming profile that saves desktop settings. Also if you decide to add those into login scripts that is probably the easiest way because the mapping is computer specific and will not remap if the user moves to another computer and logs in. -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' :-D

Our mappings are done by script. I'm just giving an example of what the problem is. We do use roaming profiles which work for the rest of the department. Such settings as the user's address book in Outlook and something as simple as word not recognizing that the user has used it before. (That huge pain 'enter your name and initials' comes up on each use.)

Bob Couchman
bcouchman@madisonvillepd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back