Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's phone rings only once 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gouldusa

Technical User
Apr 2, 2019
US
Hello,

We have Merlin Legend 7.0. When receiving a phone call, one user's phone (MLX-10DP) rings audibly only once. The phone will continue to ring silently thereafter. She thinks this problem started this week (the power went off over the weekend).

I found a post from 2004 describing this same issue, and the solution was to turn off abbreviated ring "(Press Menu > Ext Program > Touch ANY BUTTON > Press LIST FEATURE > More > More > More > Ringing Options > Abreviated Ring > OFF > ENTER > HOME)"

I followed these directions, but abbreviated ring was already set to "off".

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

When an Ext. is call-forwarded, it will give a single-ring reminder.Try entering the cancel-call-forwarding code.

If the issue is CALL FORWARD, then the easy way to fix it is just like WikiTech said. The details are:

At the Extension with the Issue, press INTERCOM (SA), then Speaker, Dial *33, then Dial the EXTENSION's Number.

That will forward it back to itself. When you Dial *33, the Display will show "Forward to"

It worked. Thank you!

I initially didn't think that was the issue because the calls weren't being forwarded anywhere, but those instructions fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back