Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddansie

Technical User
Nov 19, 2002
US
I hope I write this question in a way that it makes sense. I have created a MySQL database with 4 tables in it. I am using a MS Access 2000 front end. In the Access database I have imported (linked) the MySQL tables. I have created forms and reports. I have setup MySQL ODBC drivers that point to MS Access and have set it up with my user name and password (for access to MySQL). When I copy over the MS Access database to another system and setup the ODBC stuff, the new user can not access any of the forms or reports, however the Switch board can be displayed. I have checked the permissions on MySQL and they are all correct. The error message that they get is "There was an error executing the command". When I setup the ODBC connection with my user name and password it works fine. Is there anything in MS Access that has my user name and password associated with it and that is why they can't user theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back