Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

users missing from groups in outlook/exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonaedwards

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2003
SV
Hello all, I would really appreciate your help. This problem is driving me insane.

1 exchange 2000 server, 1 GC server, 3 domain controllers.

This problem only seems to happen with a limited number of users.

When I look in Active Directory on ANY of the domain controllers or the Exchange server, these people show as being part of at least 5 groups. All are security groups (universal). If I look at the users properties in Outlook (through Address book or by right clicking on the user), they also show as only being members of 2 groups, even though AD shows them as being part of many more groups.

I added one of these users to another existing group, and almost instantaneously, they showed as being members of that new group in Outlook. I added a different user to one of the groups that was causing a problem, and again, almost right away, the new user showed as being part of that group. So it appears to only be a problem with certain groups and certain users.

I am at a loss here. I have no idea if the problem lies with the users themselves, or the groups.

Other users have no problems. I can add and remove them from groups in AD, and the changes are reflected almost right away in Outlook.

Any ideas or where I can look?

Thanks very much!

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back