Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users frequently disconnected from database

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMa

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
Over the past few weeks, several users have been unexpectedly disconnected from our ASA 7 database. I have used the -Z and -o switches in the database start up parameters to log information and I've noticed that the log file contains multiple logins for some users without subsequent disconnects. When the database is shut down at the end of the day, the "phantom" logins are then disconnected.

A three part question. Is this information normal in this type of log file.

Could this have something to do with the users getting kicked out of the database.

If I'm off base on the above, does anyone have any additional recommendations in resolving this problem.

If you need any other information, please feel free to ask and thanks in advanced.

Eric

Has anyone given you an answer on this? I have a similar problem and we have yet discovered what is causing it. The Database service is stopping (which in turn disconnects the connected users) ..

I haven't heard back yet. In this case, the engine is running, but the users are getting disconnected. I think I'm going to use a cross over cable to connect to the workstation and take the rest of the network out of the picture. We'll see what happens. Regarding your problem, have you verified that there are no batch files running that may be shutting down the database? Anything in the event logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back