Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egarfgarf1

Technical User
Dec 2, 2010
PH
Hi everyone,

I'm needing some help on how to configure Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. My problem is to how I can manage to view as a Administrator the User's Files (ex. Desktop, My Documents, Download, Etc.). I'm using roaming profiles. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes. Create a new group. (NTFSAdmins, maybe?) Put Domain Admins in the group. Open an administrative command prompt. Add the permissions for the group using the icacls command (starting at the root of your shared folder). Log off and log back in to get the new group token on your session. You should be able to "browse" the folders now with your account.

By the way... be sure repair the ownership of the roaming profiles if they get screwed up. Also, don't do this during business hours when users are uploading/downloading their roaming profiles.

PSC
[—] CCNP (R&S/Wireless) [•] CCSP [•] MCITP: Enterprise Admin [•] MCSE [—]

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back