Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User's choosen default printer is not retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EderaciCook

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2005
IT
Hi,

I'm facing to a tricky trouble that is making me crazy.
I hope to find someone who know if that issue is solvible or not. Citrix forums are plenty of similar issue but our system configuration is all but standard so I cannot find any usefull info.

The background:
New Metaframe PS4.0 server farm, next to be production, based on Windows 2000 SP4 server edition.

Apps:
Oracle client, Office 2000

Particularitity:
Session printer are assigned to users by policy. The policy assigns to every "Domain group" a list of printers.
The actual production is based on Metaframe XP1.0 FR4 that is configured in a similar way: in CMC we imported all network printers from a "network print server" and assigned every printer one or more "domain groups".
With Metaframe PS4.0 that job can be done via policy only.

Issue:
The session "default printer" is set to the first printer listed in the first policy applied to the user that own the session. If users set another "default printer" the setting is not applied to the next session.
The behavior does not change if I...
- change the client local printers settings
- change the default printer related setting on the "printer assignment policy"

Please help me....

Ederaci Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back