Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users being disconnected from server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephie

Technical User
May 29, 2002
US
On and off all day we have been having problems with users being disconnected from our server. It is also causing our databases to corrupt. There are no error messages on server. I just updated it to Novell 5.1 with no problems a week ago. I thought maybe it could be our Cisco switches; however I do not know how to determine such a problem. Can anyone help me?

When the Users get disconnected from the server, can they still ping any other devices on the Network?

Good Luck!

Have you installed any NetWare 5.1 Service Packs? Maybe worth installed at least SP3? What version of DS are you running, and what version of the Novell Client are your workstations running (inc. OS) -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, I installed Netware 5.1 lastest service pack. DS version 7 & Novell Client 3.31 (we are running Win 95).

I will try to see if they can still ping other devices.

Have you tried the following SET command:

SET CLIENT FILE CACHING ENABLED = OFF -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes, we have that set on our server. I just downloading the lastest client for win95. And applied a patch that is suppose to help with database corruption. We have not had any trouble today. Maybe this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back