Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Users and Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

VieiraR

MIS
Jul 3, 2003
US
Ok I have a problem here. I have a user who's system was loaded with all kinds of Trojans. I load NAV w/ the latest def and cleaned all. I also used removal tools to remove them from the reg. However, I velieve there is still one there that is not getting found. Whenever I try to get into Users and Passwords from the control panel nothing happens. Has anyone had this happen or heard of this? Any help would be great.

Rich

Try re-installing the Admin Pack. Open Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (W2KSP4_EN.EXE) with WinZip if it's not already uncompressed. Extract the ADMINPAK.MSI file (it's pretty big), then run it. It will reinstall all the administrative MMC tools. It does not install the services, just the MMC add-ons.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it did not work. I even tried to repair the install nothing worked was forced to format and re-install. Kind of odd not could not find anything out of the ordinary. All viruses cleaned and used Spybot and AdAware everything checked out good.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back