Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Username and password required 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyEli

Programmer
Jan 8, 2005
NL
Can any one please help me to sort out why Ms InterDev asking me for a User name and password when i want create a new project- because i have added
the IIS from the cd of windowes xp- and i tried to make a new project it askes to enter the server name i entred "localhost" i clicke "next"
then a message says "Name and Password Required-Web Application- <Root web> - and the user name which is MycomputerName\Administrator" I
have tried the password that i use to log in to my pc but it won't accept any think- if any one face this problem befor and have sloved it
or some one knows how to get around it i will be grateful for the help

Thanx,
Elias

Check under Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software -> Windows Components -> IIS to see if you have FrontPage extensions installed.

Use the IIS Admin to make sure the Enable Authoring is checked on the Server Extensions property sheet for the root web.

If that doesn't work then try changing the permissions of your Inetpub and everything under it to Everyone - Full Control. You don't have to leave it that way forever, just until you figure out the problem.

This has happened to me before but I don't remember which of these things was the solution... just that these were the things that I messed with before it started working. :(

To anyone else looking at this post, if you have Norton Anti-Spam 2004 this could be causing the problem. I found a post to this effect on another site, uninstalled it and hey presto, problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back