Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

username access

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash7

Programmer
Jan 20, 2009
OM
i install oracle10gr2 in my machine.i want to logon scott/tiger but it wont allowed them. it shows username is locked. whati have to do... i want to access emp and dept tables..
please give me solution for me

I think the accounts are locked by default following an install. Presumably you need to login as a user with sysdba privileges and unlock the account:

alter user scott account unlock;

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Hi,
I believe that this was a security enhancement added by Oracle after it was discovered that too many people used the Scott/Tiger account to hack into other's databases..It is a probably good idea to change Scott's password if you do unlock that account.

(One assumes that the system/manager and sys/XXXX accounts have been changed after install )

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

yes you are correct Mr.KenCunningham after using this query

alter user scott account unlock;

it will work properly..
Thanks for your kind reply..

Prakash,

It is a good policy to click Thank KenCunningham for this valuable post since this is the method for recognizing contributors' helpfulness here on Tek-Tips.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back