Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UserManager for Domains broken - Network path not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchaple

MIS
Jun 16, 2000
GB
"User Manager for Domains" and "Server Manager" are not working on a PDC sp6a NT server.

I get a dialog box "The Network path not found. Do you want to select another domain to administer?"
If I reselect the domain the same thing happens.

This has happened since I have tried to harden the OS by unbinding NetBIOS from the NIC.

From the Event viewer I am getting;

Application Log
Event ID 3101
Source perfctrs
"Unable to read IO control information from NBT device."

System Log
Event ID 4315
Source NetBT
"Unable to read the driver's exported linkage configuration information."

Another thing that has changed, that may or may not be related, is that I can now only run the "high-encryption" SP6a, which is very strange as I never never installed high-encryption NT server before

Perfctrs.dll is dated 18th November 1999 - size 43792 bytes
Nbtstat.exe is dated 18th November 1999 - size 19728 bytes

Go to TechNet article Q259241 and see if this helps you out. You can do this through a subscription of a search for TechNet on Microsofts site.

Thanks for your help.
I have seen this article.
The server in question is a very little used Internet Server. It has been in use for a while and so I think the best solution for me is to retire it.

But thanks alot for your help

Solved it!

Turned out I had been over zealous in my security precautions and had unbound WINS Client(TCP/IP) from the adapter. Bringing this back in and rebooting solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back