Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Userform required in Access 2007 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephoto

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
GB
hi guys, long story, kept short
I am making a copy of an existing db in access 2000, and rebuilding it to Access 2007.

The original has a userform (for my client to select reporting options) in v2000, but I can't see how to make one in v2007.

I found the toolbox - so I know it should be there somewhere!

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks
T

What does your form need to have? Is it only for direct entry? Does it need buttons?
For simple entry, use the wizard to create a form from the source (table or query). If you need more than that you'll have to be more specific.
I hope that helps.

Hi Laurie
thanks for interest.
There is no source table or query.
it has buttons, used to select specific report names, the buttons captions are a description of the report, so the running subroutine pauses until the selection is made, then the userform is unloaded.

I can do the buttons, I have the code, I just can't see how to create/design a userform within the VBA.

Shot in the dark - should I have some reference library checked? The original has "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object library" checked under tools|references, but the 2007 doesn't have that line.

T

Microsoft simply tried to hife it by default. In the VBA IDE select:

View>Toolbars>Customize...>Commands

Select the Insert category, then simply drag and drop the UserForm command onto the actual Insert menu in the IDE.

strongm, exactly what I needed, many thanks, take a star.

Duane, thanks for comment. I did search tektips before posting, but the results referring to using a form appeared far more complex.
I needed to paused the subroutine, and then go back to the same spot, and a much earlier post had recommended using the userform, which worked exactly as I wanted.

Problem I had was that I am using Access 2007 for the first time, and all variants are slightly different.

I did search tektips before posting, but the results referring to using a form appeared far more complex.
I needed to paused the subroutine, and then go back to the same spot, and a much earlier post had recommended using the userform, which worked exactly as I wanted.
Probably posted by someone who does not know much about Access and comes from an Excel background. Any Access form opened using the ACDIALOG windowmode parameter of the docmd.openform function does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back