Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UserForm appearing behind other opened windows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvirgint

Programmer
Jun 28, 2010
CA
Hello,

As the title implies, I have some userforms that appear while a macro is running, however if there is more than one application running at the same time (ex. Internet Explorer, Word, etc), the userform appears behind the other windows.

I've seen in a number of forums that it is possible to have the userform window appear in front of all other opened windows (ex.
I have not been coding for very long, and I don't understand this solution. Is this the only way, or is there another?

The main question here is: do you really want to do that?

If your User decides to run your macro, but wants to use IE or Word or any other application while your macro is running, do you want to over-write what your user wants and force your Form over user's decision?

Users are your clients, did you ask them if that's what they want?

Have fun.

---- Andy

Thanks for the quick reply. The macro isn't very long to run, and they won't have time to do anything else... so yes I do want to force the userform to be on top.

Thanks

Wonderful, thanks for the info. That solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back