Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USERENV Events every 5 min. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagman

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
US
I am getting the following Events in my Application Log every 5 minutes. I have read the Knowledge base fixes and have found no problems with the Security permission for the group policy folders. This is a Windows 2000 w/sp2 (was doing it before SP2 install also) with only 1 ME client and about 6 WIN98 clients. Any thoughts?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 5/22/2001
Time: 10:58:16 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: APPSERVER
Description:
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (3).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 5/22/2001
Time: 10:58:16 AM
User: N/A
Computer: APPSERVER
Description:
Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access the template. Error code = 3.
\\test.local\sysvol\test.local\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\Microsoft\Windows NT\SecEdit\GptTmpl.inf.

I have the same problem here, also. But the status code is a little bit different, it's 1332 instead of 1 like you.

Any thoughts???

thanks,
lecp

What is the GptTmpl.inf.
Template attempting to do??
Is it a default template or an admin creation. Can it be accessed in Security Configuration and Analysis snap-in to determine its purpose. This may shed light on probably, knowing what its trying to do.

Hi!!!

I have the same problem guys, I´m trying to solve it.

If any of us find the solution, let´s write it here!!!

i am experiencing the same issue. have checked a dozen different sites/articles. no solution yet.

i verified that the sysvol\sysvol\policies stuff was intact and permissions correct. -knowledgebase # q253268, q271213

file/print sharing is bound to my adapter. -suggested above

have the new version of lmhsvc.dll (after 5/1/01)
knowledgebase #q258960

verified dfs was enabled -knowledgebase #q259398

have attempted knowledgebase q290647, but computer locks when attempting the final part of step 1 and while attempting step 5.

would try q279432, but hangs when attempting to view the group policy tab.

am i missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back