Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UserControl rendering before ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib99

Programmer
Mar 23, 2012
CA
before_translation_manager_eikzth.png

during_translation_manager_mjjbsj.png

after_translation_manager_qazhpg.png

Hello,

Please look at the three attachments above. The first one show what my form looks like before I click the Sync button in the bottom left corner. This looks fine.

The second one shows what happens immediately after clicking the sync button. It shows the panel that's supposed to fill the main viewing area but before it's ready. This means that all you will see are a few scroll bars without any other controls. If this were full screened, it would be the wrong size as well (i.e. it wouldn't fill the entire real-estate of the application).

The third one shows the sync panel fully render and sized properly. This is after it is done being prepared. This looks right.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to tell it to suppress the rendering of the panel until it is completely ready. That way I wouldn't see the intermediate step of seeing just scroll bars. Is there a way to do this?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2e6fa95c-7de3-4522-89e3-432c9f63b37d&file=before_translation_manager.png
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back