Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User unable to login after account created

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratofortress

IS-IT--Management
Feb 29, 2004
HK
Is anyone who can solve my problem? I spend a lot of time try to fix this problem and lost change to watch World Cup!!!

Last week I had created some user accounts on our email server in console one, these accounts is unable to login in GroupWise client(with error message: User "user_name" not found), this problem also appear after Domain and PO database was recovered and rebuilt. I think may be some file is corrupted, because after these accounts was created, I can't found their addresses on our global address book too! Something strange that is groupwise user outside our PO can see any information change on our user account.

Our GroupWise ver.: 6.5.4 (MTA/POA)
Netware ver.: 5.0 SP8

Were you connected to the correct GroupWise database when you loaded ConsoleOne?

Did you specify the post office whne you created the user?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

I had only one GW database and I had connected the correct one when create user.

I just create a GW account with C1, but the account can't login with GW client (User "user_name" not found), and I see this email address does not show on our global address book.

It's one thing to create an account, but you have to make sure that you tell it to add it to the post office as well.

Go to the user properties in ConsoleOne. Click on the GroupWise tab and see if it actually shows an account there.

If the account is setup correctly...
1) You should see a 3 digit alphanumeric number in the "FILE ID" field half way down the screen.

2) The post office field should be filled in with your post office name.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back