Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User suddenly can't log in through VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtendscott

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
US
Last week user was able to connect through VPN and now can't.

I have compared user profiles with users based on the same user template. I have re-applied the user template to the user and replaced permissions, still without being able to connect. I created a new user based on same template, and that user can connect through VPN.

User account is not locked and can login on-site.

Is there a VPN only lock-out somewhere? What else could I check? Or should I delecte user and recreate user account(What about Exchange? Is it easy to re-assign the mailbox to user account?)

Thanks

xtendscott
Web Site Design and CF Programming

Xtend,

What is the error message the user is getting upon trying to connect? Please be more specific so someone can help you as quickly as possible.

OK, let me say it WAS error "649 The account does not have Remote Access permission." After a few hours of testing it did not work yesterday but today it does.

One of the steps taken yesterday must have worked but took time to propagate to the RAS service. It is Server 2003 SBS and the only server on the network.

Any Idea why it would take so much time to take effect?

I apprieciate all the help of these forums.

xtendscott
Web Site Design and CF Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back