Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Speedcall won't program on secondary controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
Customer has 2 controllers. Both are MXe-III. Both are running 8.0 SP3 PR3
All users are (supposed to be) configured to the primary controller with resiliency to the secondary controller.

Back-Story - you can skip this if you need...

A few weeks ago, the primary controller restarted overnight for a scheduled reboot, but phones didn't switch to the secondary.
Researching this, we discovered that there were errors on the secondary - devices that showed as resilient, but in fact weren't configured to the secondary system.
We removed ALL resiliency and reconfigured it to ALL phones. Finally got a sync to complete successfully.

While redoing the resiliency, somehow all the button assignments for nearly all the phones got deleted. We recovered them by restoring an previous database to another controller, exported the Multiline Set Key assignment form and importing that to the live system.
99% of this worked.

Problem begins here:
We have ONE extension 7892 that is configured as a Generic SIP for a Spectralink Wi-Fi handset. This is configured as a USER Speedcall on a handful of phones. The primary shows fine. Creates an SDS Error to the secondary stating that "The Directory number is of the wrong type."
I've attempted to make this a DSS/BLF and a CDE speedcall, I get the same error.
I've attempted to program it directly to the button on the secondary controller, It propagates to the primary, but gives the same error on the secondary.

I've added 7893 to this same button - worked fine... but obviously this isn't what we need.
To get around this, I've created a system speedcall, 7992 that dials 7892 and configured the user speedcall to the button without issues.

I do have a ticket with Mitel support on this whole mess... but I figured I'd ask here if anyone has had a similar problem.

Is 7892 a Generic SIP phone in the forms of your secondary controller also?
Sounds to me like your extension is one thing on the primary and a different thing on the seconday which would explain the error.
It's hard to say what to do since I haven't seen all the steps you've done, but I would search the secondary controller all over for 7892 and delete all the possibles instances of that number if possible. If one instance can't be deleted, I would try to delete the whole extension from the primary controller. Once everything is wiped from both controllers, use command DN REF LOOKUP on both to see if the extension is still somewhere. Delete that, use DN REF LOOKUP again. Once it's clean, create extension again and try the User Speedcall. If it's not clean, backup/restore from problematic controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back