Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User showing as being disconnected when they aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuKris

Technical User
Sep 5, 2005
GB
Hi all!

I have an odd problem, just wondered if anyone else had encountered it?

When monitoring users in Management Console/Servers/Servername, I get my listed users and their sessions, everything looks as normal.

However, occasionally, I have users showing as being disconnected, when they are connected. It appears as though their session keeps dropping out from Management Console at my end, when I ask them they are insisting they have been working without any problems.

I can shadow them without any problems and see them working away, so they are obviously connected. It resolves itself, then comes back again.

I have tried to Refresh the screen before anyone suggests that! ;D

Cheers,

Kris

Are you seeing any IMA error messages in the event log of the server which you are connected to? Would there be more than one person logging on using the same user account?

What O/S and Version of Metaframe/Presentation Server are you running?

How many servers have you got and how many users?

Are you running the Citrix DB on a Ctx Server or on an SQL (or similar) separate box?

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Hi,

Nah, no errors, and only the one person trying to log in.

The Server is 2003 SP1, using MF4.0, 1 server, with one user currently. Publishing a desktop to access an ERP system that runs on Pervasive SQL (was unable to configure it to run as a published application). Runs fine, just have these glitches on the admin page, keep making me panic!

Am getting on a few Citrix courses soon so should have my CCA before long.

Cheers,

Kris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back