Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user selection for query parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieLoMain

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
I have MS access database with table MATTERS which contains fields

MATTERID
CLEINTID

Another table is CLIENTS with relationship set between MATTERS and CLIENTS using CLIENTID

I can design query simply to return the list of MATTERID's where the CLIENTID = whatever I type in the criteria box.

I would like to have a list come up on running the query which would allow the user to select the CLIENTID from the list of all available clinets for use as the filter for the query.

Suggestons welcome

Do you have any code written so far? Hoemworks are frowned upon in these forums.

not a student and this is not homework.

I am jack of all trades, do most of my own ... well everything.

I am self employed and I do some IT work as part of running my office etc.

I have written an MS Access database that runs a good portion of my office. NExt I want to begin to learn some coding but I need a push start here and there.

Most I what I learn in life is "problem based". i.e - the toilet is backed up - how do you fix that.

This is a bit like that but the problems are more like - "hey it would be great if this could do" x or y or z.

If anyone is interested in sharing what they know I would be most appreciative

thanx

Or is this a "pure" Access thingie? If so, the combo box/list box wizard of the Access forms should assist you after you've created the query.

And if this is "pure" Access, have a look at the Access fora (there's usually a related forum box at right, but typing Access into the search box on top, should give you the seven Access fora) Have you had a read at one of the "how to get the best answer" faqs? Here's one faq181-2886.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back