Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User select multiple values to include in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansdebadde

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
CA
I have built an Access 2010 database with the data in a SQL Server (2008) called WH. It will be used for a project that is phased in over time. There is a main form (frm_Check_Incidents) that pulls in data from another SQL server (Brown) with a list of incidents. The users are going to phase in the usage of the db over time and will start by using one facility, and then adding a few more each week. I want to create a form that allows them to select all the Facility_Name values to include from the table ORG_FACILITY in SQL db Brown they want to work with. This selection needs to be saved as it only changes once a week or so. These values then need to be used as the parameter values for the other form. Is this possible?

Your question is very vague.

You really need to provide some tables, fields (names and data types), form record sources, etc.

I think you need to create a table in some database to store a value (ideally a primary key) so that it can be used for filtering or whatever.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back