Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBITservices

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2015
US
Hello and thanks to everyone for the great help in the past.

I have search everywhere but I could have missed a posting.

I setup an IPO 500v2 running 9.1.10

Users have grown and HR wants me to give another employee right to do simple stuff like change extension names, button, reset VM password etc, for users while not allow that persons to be able to configure the Avaya.

I would like the employee to use the web version.

I created a user but I can't seem to add that user to the right group. I even created a group, but I keep getting either not enough permissions or too much. Does anyone have a good guide they can point me to?

Thanks!!

You want to look at rights groups in the help files.

Security Configuration > Security Mode Field Descriptions > Rights Groups > Configuration

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

'User Rights' is purely user telephony settings, nothing to do with ability to do system configuration. As TomMills says, you need to be looking at the system security settings.

For a system that old (9.1) I would say that using IP Office Manager (both yourself and the other user) would be better. It has access to all the security settings for you, and I think they can be configured more finely to control what can be accessed using Manager compared to Web Manager.

Create a new Rights Group, create a new Service User and associate them with that Rights Group. Then slowly start adding options in the Rights Group settings until they have the level of access required.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you both for the reply and sorry for my delay. I have looked into the system help files, but it sure seem that the security portion of the help files came from the wrong version.

I will instead look into having the employee use the Manager (like I do) instead of the web portal and see if my permissions change seem correct. Because right now when I change the permissions, I usually take away to much or to little.

I will report back later. Thank you again, I know it is just something I will have to fight through.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back