Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Resolution and Popup menus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaviour

Programmer
Sep 14, 2002
GB
Hi,
Sorry to add yet another post about the popup menus but I have a bit of a problem in that the slice from which the popup menu originates is centered in my document and as a result the popup menus that I originally created are out of place. However this is NOT the problem as I changed the coordinates of the menu to fix this and all was well until I tried my page on a different resolution when the coordinates are all wrong again. Is there anyway in the javascript to detect the screen resolution and to change the coordinates to some thing else? It might just be an if.. loop but the trouble is that It doesn't seem that the OnMouseOver="" allows this, I am unsure. Any help appreciated

Thanks

TheSaviour

well you could have 2 versions of the page

one for 800x600 and another for 1024x768 and have javascript detect resolution and redirect

other than that it is easier to build your popups using layers with the hide/show javascript

and the project seven auto hide layers extension

much easier...also get the snap layers extension [Hammer]
Nike Failed Slogans -- "Just Don't Do It!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back