Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Requirements for Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

yu217171

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
CA
Hi everyone,

I have created a report for a client in Crystal Reports 10, using the report designer. What would the client need in order to view the report on his machine. He does not have Crystal Reports installed.

Keith

You can just export it to Excel or something if they only need to view the results.

To run it they would need a viewer, and you have options there:

Crystal Enterprise (Crystal Reports web based companion product, pricey though)
The 3rd party viewers that BlurredVision referenced
Write code to supply a viewer.

-k

I didn't really want to write code but I could bind the report to a webform and display it that way. But there's still the issue of printing, which isn't very good from the web. Perhaps a CR -> PDF solution.

I've heard that there is a Crystal Report Runtime, which includes a viewer. Is this true or merely a myth? And if it's true, is it free to distribute to my client?

Keith

Hello,

I would export it as PDF and then email or post it on web. Your only problem with this is it won't refresh until you run and send/post it again.

We lived this way for a while until we got Crystal Enterprise up and running.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back