Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Promts for values when report launched from other app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaintenanceGroup

Programmer
Jul 12, 2000
CA
I am launching a Crystal Report From MAXIMO and MAXIMO is set-up to pass only 4 parameter values to the Crystal Report.&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you know is a way to force crystal to prompt the user for values when it is launched from another Application??<br>&nbsp;<br>Unfortunately I have no control over what MAXIMO does.&nbsp;&nbsp;Therefore I am looking for a solution on the crystal side....<br>&nbsp;<br>Thanks for your help.<br>&nbsp;<br>Jeff Seaward (aka. MaintenanceGroup)<br>

set your script in your event that equals the parameters in crystal reports and it will prompt for it if it is in your report. it does not have to be on a page.

Have you set up paramaters in Crystal for the info you need input by the user.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am not sure how they will behave using MAXIMO but it is worth a try. <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

The parameters are set-up and the reports work fine when run from Crystal.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, when the reports are launched from within MAXIMO I do not get the Parameter (User Prompt) window?????<br><br>Is there a way to get Crystal to prompt the user for individual values rather than using the Parameter window.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't like the paramter window because it can be confusing for an end user, having parameters on different tabs...<br><br>

I called technical support I was looking for a seamless method vor Access97, they said they have it for Ms. VB because there was not enough use for Access. They did give me some code to prompt the parameter window, it is not bad but not seamless so I am going to put all the print buttons on a seperate form.

One way to get around this problem is to separate your prompts in Maximo with a comma or some other delimiter, then unstring them in the program. This is a very common technique when using Maximo and SQR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back