Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Profiles Outlook 2010 & Exc2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger85

Technical User
May 12, 2007
Hello all,

Looking for some help, advice and guides if possible.

I have a windows 2003 Domain and i need to rollout around 150 new Windows 7 Desktop Computers.

We have a exchange 2003 server too.

All computers are comming with 150 x MS Office 2010 Business DVD Kit box sets, NOT Volume licensing.

As we dont have volume licensing we will be installin Office Software manually as i understand this is the only way.

what i would like to know is can i setup the Office Software or something else so the Outlook Profile would get configured automatically when users log on to the computers.

We would like the following configured if possible :

Outlook Exchange Profile
Exchange Server Name
User Name
Disable any user from creating a local PST/Archive file

Thanks

Outlook 2010 pretty much configures itself. Actually, both Outlook 2007 and 2010 are a snap to setup with Exchange. All the user needs to do is put in the name of the server. There user name is filled in automatically based on their login and it's set up.

Thanks Traycee,

But we know this, and want better, our users move around a fair amount and we are looking for something that will automatically setup there Outlook Profile Automattically upon logon or something.

Also we would like to stop user's creating Archive Files on local C drives as when they.

Thanks

I figured you knew that but I never assume anything anymore. Or at least I try not to. :)

I think what you may be looking to do is to autoconfigure using DNS since you have an exchange server. We use that for those within the agency but we use OWA for those outside.

The attached link explains it better than I ever could. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back