Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Profile Help URGENTLY needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mezanine

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2001
US
I have a user who has a laptop running XP. This person left his positio and took his personal laptop, which was attatched to his previous employers domain. Without thinking I joined his computer to my domain. He had some applications under his old login that he needs access to. Is there any way to get him loged in to the cached login he was using from his old domain?

Thanks.

Were the applications running locally, or from the server?

Click here to learn How to help with tsunami relief... Glen A. Johnson
"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
Groucho Marx

You should be able to browse through documents and settings to locate his old profile /start menu/programs or Desktop and find the link to this app. see if it works, check out the target of the link to see if it was local or not.

The application ran from the server but was cached locally, it was Sales Logix.
I am going to try the link from the users old start menu options.

Thanks.

I tried to run under the users old profile however it appears that there was an "ALL USER" profile and it is the same as that he has now. Not sure where to go from here.

System Properties > Advanced > User Profiles

Copy domain.old profile to domain.new profile

Be sure to clear temp folders and cookies from domain.old

Paul

Work on Windows, play on Linux.

Correction

1. System Properties > User Profiles > Copy To...
2. Browse to %username%@domain.net

Paul

Work on Windows, play on Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back