Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User problem ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphy

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
CA
Hi, here is my problem on a specific user computer:

If I start a windows session with an admins user, I can start any programs published from the NFuse Portal (Internet Explorer)with any Portal user! But if I change the windows session for a normal user, the apps don't start... You click on it and nothing's working !!!

I tried the same normal user on another computer and It works perfect.(anyway, the windows session user is not supposed to make any difference on the portal right ??? It's the Portal user who makes the difference !!!)

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the ICA client.

I reinstall SP1 for IExplorer 6

It seems like a user right somewhere !!!

Can somebody help me please !!!

Can somebody help me please !!! Is it because my text is not clear ??? I can make it better if you want !!!!

I've been searching for 2 hours now !!!

Please !

Just a suggestion:

Is it the profile of the user that is causing you problems?

Check them out? How is your TS profile configured? Maybe by deleting it and retrying?

Blutch

dolphy,
Are you using login scripts? I've seen where login scripts can cause this problem. Often a login script will be applied to a user and not an administrator, which would back up what you're seeing. Modify the login script to find where the problem is.

Is this just happening with NFuse? What happens if you use pn.exe? Are there any differences between connecting to a desktop versus to an application? Finally, is there a difference between an ica connection and an rdp connection?

-gbiello

Dear dolphy,

You might try to install the activeX Component again on the machine that is not working, or check the settings for the activeX components in Internet Explorer.

Hi everybody,

I had same kind of problems. Apps did seem to work with some profiles and not with the others.
Luckily I was able to find easy solution for it. My solution was to reset IE setting (Tool-->Internet options-->Advanced-->Restore Defaults).

Dunno if that is the case here but hopefully this message helps.

Best,

Duudson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back