Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRD

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
US
I'm receiving the following error when I try to run my application.

>>>>you must be logged on as administrator to run the program for the first time. The application failed to register necessary printing components.<<<<<

I'm loged on as owner with computer administrator rights. My OS is xp home edition. Version 2002 SP2

How can i fix this problem.

Have you tried to run as the Administrator account?

Log off of your account. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the welcome screen. Type Administrator into the login box and leave the password blank and press enter. Try running the application under the actual "Administrator" account and see if the same thing occurs.

Joey
A+, Network+, MCP

If that does not work, give us some more details, such as what program this is, and if it ever worked? Or did you just install it and this happened?

Matt

Please always take the time to backup important data and verify that backup, before making any changes suggested.

My OS is xp home edition"

The Built-in Administrator will not be available other than in Safe Mode.

290109 - Error Message: Unable to Log You on Because of an Account Restriction

What Application is this? Sounds a bit like the Access Permissions for a relevant file or Registry location may be incorrect.

Is this a Setup program or an already installed program?

To access the Security Tab, and thereby check and change Access Permissions, you will have to be in Safe Mode.

You could also try creating a new Administrative Account that doesn't use the Owner Administrative Account, in the past there have been problems using the Owner Account.

312131 - The Owner Account Is Displayed As "Account Unknown" in Profiles on Windows XP Home Edition-Based Computers

Thanks for your response.

The program is labelmaker. It is a new install.
After creating a new profile, I was able to run the program and it worked ok. I shutdown the computer and restarted it. After restarting, again I am unable to access the program

The user account is computer administrator.

Maybe it is not compatible with XP. Who is the manufacturer, does it say it was designed for XP?

Will it run in Safe Mode using the built-in Administrator Account?

Have you any errors showing in your Event Viewer?

I loaded it on another xp machine and it works ok. I will look at the event viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back