Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User PRI and Trunk Groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2000
US
i have a situation where i have a T1 coming into the premis and need to use the User PRI for setting up the switch Type, Framing ect. But once i have it all setup and the telco can see my switch. No Trunk Groups are available to assign to the T1 switch. If i go in the reverse direction and setup a new trunk group the server tells me that it does not have a T1 available do i want to set 1 up. If i say yes the only one that sticks it straight T1 but then the Telco can not see my switch and the trunk test tool puts everything OutOf Service. I went back to some systems that i have used this very configuration and i have everything set corrcetly. Any Ideas??

Short Version:
As soon as i set my T1 switch to User or Network PRI i can not assign a trunk group to the T1 switch. the only choices are Available or UnAvailable

Steve Bowman
Independent Technology, Inc.
CA, USA

Steve,

You will need to create a new trunk group, if it is a PRI you are installing - when creating a new trunk group select type "PRI" this will then allow you to set your switch to User NI2 etc... Telco will never see you if it's a PRI on their end and your trunk group on the switch is set for "Digital Wink Start" - that has burned me a couple of times...

Hope that helps you out!

Jeff

I did figure this out yesterday but it was exactly as Jeff outlined. When I created my trunk group I did not have it set to type PRI.

Thanks for the post anyway Jeff

Steve Bowman
Independent Technology, Inc.
CA, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back