Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2002
US
I have a Win2K network, Active Directory, 1 PDC with WinXPPro and Win98 clients. I am having problems setting permissions for users. I have a few users that I have given Admin perm. to but when they login on any computer, the perm dont show up. Example: Trying to install a program but says need admin perms, on the server the user is a member of the Domain Admin and Admin groups. Also I have a shared printer on a WinXPPro client, and only Administartor can print to it from the Win98 Client, no other user can print to it. keeps asking for a password.

It sounds as if they need local Admin permissions to install the software.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Talson,

"I have a few users that I have given Admin perm. to but when they login on any computer, the perm dont show up..."

If you gave them Domain Admin permission and they need Local Admin permissions as NortonES2 said, then you should add the Domain Administrator group to the Local Administrators group on each PC.

Patty [ponytails2]

Thanks for your help, I will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back