Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user passwords don't change for exchange accounts and shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkldbrd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2002
US
the following is my setup
OFFICE 1: domain.org
W2K SP3 PDC w/ Exch2k SP3
Mailbox Store, Public Folder Store

OFFICE 2: office2.domain.org
(WAN on Hardware Based IPSEC VPN)
w2k SP3 w/ Exch2k SP2 (haven't had time to upgrade to SP3)
Mailbox Store

when users @ OFFICE 2 change user password they are able to logon, but unable to access exchange accounts or shares?
in order to access things again, users must revert to original password.

any ideas???

If the problem is only affecting the users in Office 2, it sounds as if the IPSEC VPN could be interfering, either via filtering of traffic, or some other means. Do you use OWA? If so, can the users access the mail via OWA? Do they use the original or newly changed password?

While it does not cause major issues to run multiple locations on different SP levels, it is highly recommended that all the machines and locations be updated in a short period of time of one another. There are access fixes, replication fixes, and numerous other advantages of runnning the machines on the same levels.

we do not use OWA...however some more information that i just uncovered might be useful.

If i am at OFFICE 1 and logon to the OFFICE2 domain as an OFFICE 2 user, i can change passwords and have no problems????

i'll update service pack tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back