Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Not showing up in the Address Book when Outlook client is in cach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITmfgCO

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2006
US
HI,
I have found a user who has been with the company for over a year, not showing up in outlooks address book if the outlook client is in cache mode.

If I remove cache mode and restart outlook that particular user is visible in the address book.

However if I put the local client back in cache mode that user "disappears" form the address book...

I have tried to send / receive download address book while in cache mode but that user will not appear as it should.

Initially I thought this to me an outlook issue, but now I am thinking its an Exchange issue / setting in the AD....
I have rebuilt the offline address book in exchange and still no luck...

Any thoughts or direction you can point me in would be great!

Thanks,

It's likely an OAB issue. While you've rebuilt the OAB, have you forced a full download of it in Outlook? Tools>Send/Receive>Download Address Book.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yes after the rebuild the force download was done but the user was not there...

I have actually just solved this.... Just incase someone else has this issue the below outlines how it was resolved:

The default SMTP in AD MUST match the e-mail address on the General tab for that user.

In our case there was a leading character that was almost invisible in this filed on the general tab in AD, when the account was created it looks like a period (.) was "fat fingered"

I removed the leading character, rebuild the OAB and downloaded the address book again and....Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back