Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User name list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helfenmir

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
GB
Hi

I need to capture the names of logged on users when they log on and display them in a .txt file.

Any help appreciated, many thanks

Helfenmir

Don't quite understand what you are trying to do. Is this users logging onto the domain or the server? Do you need to capture their details when they log on? Each set of details in separate file? Etc.

Thnaks for replying

Ideally I need to have a file that is appended with a users Full Name (nothing else)when they log on to the domain. However if that is too much work the users logon name would suffice. I then need to pull that file into a database that a front end will interrogate that will inform everyone what users are logged on and therefore in the office/building etc.

Thanks again
helfenmir

Don't know if this any use. Pstools from includes a utility psloggedon, which if run from server returns all users logged on at that time. You could pipe it to a text file (psloggedon > log.txt) for hard copy. This is a snapshot at the time, not accumulative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back