Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user management for various orgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneharnett

Programmer
May 26, 2003
AU
Hi,
Im building a web application that is currently only gonna be run on the local network but will eventually be on the internet...
Many organisations will have access to the site, each organisation will have a list of users who are part of thier organisation...
Each user will sign in using username/password and org code...
now my problem is each org needs to have an administrator user that will administer thier 'section' of the site and manage the users access...

also the whole site also needs an administrator who will have access to debug features etc etc....
I was thinking of naming the administrator users 'Administrator' but this would mean that there would be 1 'Administrator' for each organisation...

What does everyone think of this?

You could use something like this
Database structure
Organisations
-id
-name
Users
-id
-orgId
-Status
-userName
-userPassword

Now you knw what users are for what organisation and by the field Status you can could knw who is the Administrator
ie Status=1 means it's Administrator and Status=2 means it's a regular user.
And the main Administrator will have the orgId set to 0 or unset.

I used this structure for my 6 webs users ring i have 5 satelite web sites and 1 central site.

________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back