Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Mailbox Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2002
US
I am having a problem with one of my employees mailboxes. Everythime she opens her Outlook which it Outlook 2k she gets a error message that says:

Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. You do not have permission to log on.

I have checked the mailbox on the server to make sure that everything is correct. I check that the user was the correct user. I have even went as far as deleting the mailbox and putting it back in. That doesnt seem to work at all either. I am going to try and delete the user off the domain and delete the users mailbox and see if that works. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen this problem when people are assigned Admin privileges under the "Permissions" tab. Check to see if anyone has those permissions. If so then move them back to "User".

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back