Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaiBoo

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I'm having trouble with assigning user passwords so that they can gain access to the form. How would I go about setting up the password and changing the password if needed?

I dont really quite get exactly what your asking for, do you mind elaborating a little.

I'm trying to lock down the information that a user will have access to. So in order to view the form they will be prompt with a user login screen. Once the user enters in their username and password the form will open. I'm not sure how to assign passwords or default a password if a user forgets their password.

Two ways that you can store a user name/password combination for later verification is in a table in a database or in the registry. either method has its pros and cons. You can also add some encryption to both methods for added security.

When a user enters a user name/password combination then you just loop through the existing entries, or query for the entered values and see if the entries are valid.

With both methods you can also have a set of default values present. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back