Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User locking up console login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US
I have a user that I created a login for that runs a script to restrict him to only running a backup or rebooting the system.

This login only works if he changes the console login to a command prompt before he logs in. However he forgets sometimes and tries to login using the console login screen. This locks up the console and the screen goes blank. I can't figure out how to get back to the console login or a command prompt without rebooting the whole system. The system doesn't show him as logged in, so I can't kill the process to boot him out.

Is there anything like ctrl+alt+del for windows that would get me back to the console login when he does this?

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Ctrl-Alt-Backspace should kill the X-server and cause the dtlogin process to restart it.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back