Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Level

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherrielwy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
MY
Hi,

I have a database that access with multiple users.I want each of the user need to login first everytime they access the database. Can i make control which table,form and report that can just access by certain user?How?
Thank You

Yes.

The standard Access Security Model does all of that ( and more ) for you.

You have obviously not used Access security before - so here are a few pointers.

1) Don't be put of by the apparent complexity. Access Security is powerful and is a great skill to master. It might take a while to get the hang of it on your first database - but the results will be just a quick and a lot more secure than anything you can 'invent' yourself.

2) If you do invent a custom solution - you are the only expert ( No Help Available ) - Using the bulk-standard Access Security Model means you have access ( via Tek-Tips ) to a host of 'expert' advice.

3) Read, Re-Read and then REREAD again all of the Access Help on the Security model before going anywhere near your database.

4) Take a backup of your database and then take a another backup at each stage down the line. Even the 'old hands' have need of their backups on occasion - so don't feel bad about using then if it all goes pear shaped.

5) Come back to tek-tips whenever you get stuck.

6) When you are done - don't forget to add "Competent with Access Security Model" to your CV.

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS
accessaceNOJUNK@valleyalley.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back