Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User is still alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandg

Technical User
Jun 7, 2002
US
I have a user account that has left the company and I've checked the "hide from the address book" feature however... I notice that the queue is showing his account as the originator of several messages which would indicate that his account is in fact still automagically send out messages. Is there any way to disable this (other than delete his account entirely)? Thanks.

checking the hide from the address book does not disable there account.

change the password and right click disable account.

I presume you mean on the PDC, correct?

damn if I can recall by any chance you are using active directory?

Yes, that's correct. AD is running with PDC.

if you disable the AD account then email function will stop too.......?

I wonder in 5.5 if you can disjoin the AD account from their email acct. I know in 2003 you can.

In 5.5 Admin you can clear the Primary NT Associated account information, which is the main way that users' NT accounts are given rights to access mailboxes.

If you want the mailbox to not be able to send completely, you could also set the Outgoing message limit to 0KB on the Limits tab of the mailbox.

Thanks zbnet- I think your suggestion to set the outgoing message limit to 0KB will do the trick. I'll keep an eye on the queue every so often and verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back