Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Interface Configuration Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexAmbler

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2014
GB
Hi,

Just setting up a new restaurant and testing the workstations but I keep getting this error, can anyone know which file needs copying to the workstations or should this be automatic?

Screen Template 32003 not found.
Using the default template.
Check the Display Configuration file.

Hi,

RES 3700 5.2
The workstations are WS5A

You are calling touchscreen 32003 from either a link in a touchscreen or as your default touchscreen for a workstation. And there is an issue with that template. So you either need to direct your links/default touchscreens to another touchscreen or go into POSCONFIG, DEVICES, TOUCHSCREENS and find touchscreen 32003 and fix the issues with it. It probably does not have a template assigned to it.

You might want to check the opsdisplaysys.cfg file as that is where touchscreen designs(?) are called from. This file tends to get overridden when you apply a MR or hotfix, so if 32003 is a custom one, it might just be a case of copying back a pre-HF version. This caught us out the other week for a few minutes until we remembered.

The built in screen templates only go up to #904 in Res 5.2, so #32003 is going to be a custom screen layout. Look at the server the database was copied from. You want to copy in the opsdisplayuser.cfg file, that's where custom templates are stored. The opsdisplaysys.cfg holds the standard templates that come with Res and is encrypted so people like us can't mess with them.

pmegan said:
You want to copy in the opsdisplayuser.cfg file, that's where custom templates are stored. The opsdisplaysys.cfg holds the standard templates that come with Res and is encrypted so people like us can't mess with them.

That's interesting. Our opsdisplaysys.cfg has never been encrypted. What you are saying makes sense though and explains why we've been getting caught out when applying maintenance releases and hot fixes. I think I shall do some cut/paste and move our custom templates to the right file.

Definitely give it a shot. I haven't used custom templates since about Res 3.2. It's just easier finding one of the pre-made ones and working with it. Maybe Micros stopped encrypting it so users could use the templates as starting points for custom stuff. That would definitely be why your custom templates disappear when you run MR upgrades though.

the screens I have setup work when I run ops on the server (2008 r2) but not on the WS5A, do I need to ftp the opsdisplayuser.cfg file to the workstation?

Copy that file to the CAL folder
\micros\res\cal\ws5a\files\cf\micros\etc

You can wait for them to download automatically or just reboot each workstation to force it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back