Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User input and subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieF

Technical User
Dec 1, 2000
US
I am trying to create a report with several sections. Each section selects the same fields from the main table, but using slightly different criteria based on one or more date fields. After much trial and error, I stumbled on using subreports. After even more trial and error, I now have a main report that doesn't select any data - it just has header and footer info. I then have 3 subreports that are "called" from the report data section. This actually all works. Now the tricky part - I want to have the user select which product (one of the data fields in the table) to create the report for. I would like the selected product name to display in the report header and also be used as criteria for each of the subreports. Where do I put the "[Enter product name:]" prompt so that this value can be shared in all of the places. I tried selecting just the product field from the main report, but then the subreports ran multiple times instead of just once. My subreports only seem to work right if I don't select any data in the main report. Any help or ideas are appreciated - or if I'm going about this all wrong, I'm game to try any approach. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back