Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User ID, Password Required for AS400 Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaWright

Programmer
Apr 29, 2003
Crystal Reports Version 8.5
Client Access ODBC Driver
Connection - iSeries/AS400
System DSN

I have created several reports that do not require me to login with my user id and password as long as I already have a connection established on my computer with the AS400; however, when the users try to open these reports they are prompted for the user id and password with my user id as the default and using a different system name than the one set up through the ODBC although it's the same system. They can open the report using their user ID and password with the different system name.

I see in Article ID c2005115 (Crystal Reports) that it was once considered a problem to not be prompted for the user id and password so they "fixed" it. Now I'm trying to find a way to avoid it.

I can see when looking at the Set Location window within the report that my User Id is set - I assume through the Operations Navigator. Is there a way to remove the stored User ID?

How can I fix it so that if a user is ALREADY SIGNED ON to the AS400 he/she does not have to sign on to access the report?

The Connection Options under the configuration for the System DSN are set to "Use default user id, prompt as needed". I've tried filling it with the user's ID on their machine and with a blank user id. Operations Navigator Connection Properties does not allow a blank user ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back