Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user has hidden elements of the taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrank

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
ES
Hi,

Some user of the domain has managed, to hide behind the taskbar the program bar(the bar where open programs display), i don't know how it does it and no idea how to undoit, any hint?

thanks in advance

You can drag the taskbar to any side of the screen.....just click on any empty area of the tsk bar, and drag it to the side of the screen, if there really is something behind it, then it will be revealed.
:)

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Thanks ncotton,

but it was one of the first thinks i try, it looks like a bug of windows xp

well if its not there when you move it, its not locked behind the task bar.

What makes you think that it is behind the taskbar?

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

the thing it makes me believe it is behind is when i open a random application p.e. notepad and minimize it it goes to hidde behind the taskbar. it is a very weird thing and with no apparent solution

Ohhh....fine, i though you meant you had a program quick access bar, like the one that came with Office 97 (floats in top right normally)....you may well have a bug, never heard of it before.

Hope this Helps.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Hi i find a solution
a program named Taskbar Repair tool plus

a search on google can lead you to the download
is shareware and solve the user problem.

hope it will help others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back