Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User getting error when trying to connect to host using pcAnywhere 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdipietro

MIS
Apr 29, 2004
US
Hi All,

I have a user who has pcAnywhere 11.0.1 on an IBM Thinkpad and uses it to remote into her computer at the office. She is doing this from home where she has cable internet connection.

The first time she tries to connect she is receiving the following error message:

An unexpected error has occurred in "awrem32.exe". Information about this error has been saved in C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awrem32.txt

After getting this message, she tries again and can connect successfully. Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone give me some way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Hey,

We use pcAnywhere 11 extensively as a primary means of support and I can tell you that this issue drives us all nuts. I have contacted Symantec many times and the absolute best they could do was give me unhelpful suggestions because they wouldn't be manageable anyway.

You may be able to resolve it though if both systems are setup with Version 11. I think our main issue here is that our customers are all on v10.0 and we are on 11. I don't think the problem exists with a v11 remote going into a v11 host.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back