Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User gets vmail message from herself as an "internet user" when she gets email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnamo

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
This is strange. CallPilot 5.0. User recently converted from Notes to Exchange for email. Recently added a message forwarding rule for user to get her vmail in her email. Also using Personal Call Assistant (PCA) to simultaneously ring cell phone with desk phone calls.

Since setting up her Msg. Fwd. Rule and PCA, she gets a message from herself in her vmail that says it's from "internet user" and then spells out her own email address. If you press 2 to listen, it squawks and says she can't do that now, try later, and disconnects the vmail session.

I have another user that does not have this trouble and their message forwarding rules appear to be identical.

Almost sounds like the vmail system is getting some kind of reply from the email system. Out of office is not on as I get no out of office email when I send her an email.

Anyone ever run into anything like this before?

May have answered my own question. Looks like she had outlook set to automatically send received receipts. I suspect that Outlook was sending received receipts when she was receiving vmail from CallPilot in her Outlook email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back