Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Form on on project reads right to left

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
Visual Studio 2015. I have one project where the text on user forms reads right to left like Arabic rather than English left to right. I have no idea how this happened, and it is not manifesting itself in any other applications or even any other visual basic projects.

The properties of text objects all look fine, aligned left as I expected.

Does anyone know why this would be doing this? And only for one project out of dozens? I cannot find a setting anywhere and google has availed me nothing either. Any insight appreciated.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I think that there is a Form property [tt]RightToLeft[/tt] or something similar.

softhemc is correct.

There is a [tt]RightToLeft[/tt] and [tt]RightToLeftLayout[/tt] property.

The [tt]RightToLeft[/tt] property aligns items you select from the right side first.

The [tt]RightToLeftLayout[/tt] property (when enabled) forces all items to comply with the [tt]RightToLeft[/tt] property.

SOURCE: Link

If you are using the VB form designer, I linked an image showing these options in the Properties pane.

NOTE: If your text is actually showing in reverse, like each individual letter is reading from right-to-left, you may want to check out any of your code for a [tt]strReverse[/tt] tag. Link

Hope this helps!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=816d806d-b3c7-4a01-8d3e-0b2bb26646d7&file=clip_image002.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back