Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User defined perameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

krispi

MIS
May 16, 2002
GB
I have a report with a subreport. They are based on seperate queries (on the same information). Both queries require the user to input start and end date perameters for the information to be displayed.

The user-defined date perameters then form part of the heading of the report.

Is there any way I can automatically apply the perameters for the report to the query for the subreport. At the moment, the user is being asked to input two sets of perameters, and althuogh this displays the correct information, the textbox on the header returns #error.

Any ideas (hope this is clear-ish!!)

Thanks
Chris

I had the same sort of issue with running a report with subreports that I wanted all based on input parameters. Originally I had it set up so each of the queries that the subreports were setup using asked for the parameters, but it got really old really quickly inputting the information over and over again, so I changed it to have one master query for the main report with the parameters that then linked to the subreport queries. As long as your parent-child relationships are setup properly in the report-subreport, it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back