Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Controls at design time

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevoMee

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
IE
I've created a calendar popup User control (Hit a button and a calendar appears, select a date and it populates the textbox). At design when the User control is dragged onto the web form the entire control is visible (box, button & calendar).

Problem here is that the calendar is a bit big and is an annoyance on the web form. How do I set the User control so that when the control is displayed on the web form only the box & button is visible?

Set the calendar's Visible property to False and toggle it as neccessary (or use it's Style property and set it to display:none and then back to display:block if you want to avoid having to postback to the server).

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Cheers, that was fairly simple.

I set the container control (div) visible property to false, just FYI I already had the container control (div) display: none and it was still being displayed at design time. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back